Sisters of the Missionary Servants of the Most Blessed Trinity first came to Pensacola from the orderís birthplace in Holy Trinity, Ala., in 1918, to serve the needs of the poor. First assigned to St. Joseph Parish, Sister Vincent, Sister Aloysius and Sister Margaret Mary helped Father Charles Hartkoff, teaching in the school and working in the boarding school and orphanage.
This summer, the three remaining sisters, often referred to as Trinitarians, will move on to other missions, leaving the diocese without the presence of the Missionary Servants of the Most Blessed Trinity for the first time in more than 80 years.
Missionary Servants Sisters Chris Wiltrakis, Siena Wahl and Carmen Teresa Rivas are the final members of the congregation serving here.
Mass and a reception honoring the Missionary Servants 88 years of service to the people of northwest Florida will be celebrated by Bishop John H. Ricard, SSJ, at the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart on 12th Avenue in Pensacola, Saturday, Aug. 5 at 4 p.m. All are invited to participate in thanking the sisters for their devoted service. Please R.S.V.P. by calling Shari Duffner at 850-435-3500, or by e-mail at email@example.com.